- accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from a university recognized by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
- completion of Intern Development Program (IDP) training - total of 5,600 hours of supervised direct experience
- Architect Registration Examination (ARE) - total of 30.5 hours of testing
- Washington Architect Law Review Exam
- $12,000 bond for general contractors.
- general commercial liability insurance policy in place
No coursework or tests are required to register as a general or specialty contractor in Washington.
There is no regulation of the term designer, interior designer, building designer, OR the "design" portion of design/build firm's label in the state of Washington.