PROJECT ASSESSMENT PACKAGE
WHAT IT IS
Our Project Assessment Package is a flat-fee consultation service that provides professional, objective guidance as you define your project. It is a low-commitment opportunity to work with us that provides you with pertinent information in an organized, efficient, and affordable way.
Investing in this package has saved our clients money and frustration. In some cases, our early research has identified a code requirement that would prevent permit approval or trigger additional costs beyond their resources. In other cases, we have been able to help clients create a to-do list of more detailed research their project requires and refer consultants who can help determine whether other factors will pose similar challenges.
WHO IT'S FOR
You, if you are:
- planning WAY ahead
- want to get feedback about what is possible without making a commitment to a project yet
- looking for a professional opinion about costs and timelines
- need help creating or refining a list of project objectives
- think you might want to do a larger project in phases
HOW IT WORKS
STEP 1 - IN-PERSON MEETING (60-75 MINUTES)
I will meet with you at your house to:
- review your starting point and objectives
- identify priorities
- observe the structural systems of your current house
- discuss budget and timeline expectations
- explore whether there may be multiple ways to meet your objectives
- answer your questions about the pros & cons of fixtures and finishes you are researching
- weigh the advantages and disadvantages of executing your project in multiple phases
STEP 2 - WRITTEN SUMMARY
Within 2 weeks of our meeting, you will receive a written report which includes:
- a summary of findings
- project budget example that provides a more comprehensive overview of typical project costs beyond construction cost and architectural fees
- a copy of the published Cost vs. Value report for the Seattle area in PDF format (lists average regional costs and anticipated return on investment for various project types and quality levels)
- a short list of contractors who may be suitable for your project
WHAT IT COSTS
A flat fee of $750 for the following locations:*
- Gig Harbor
- Clyde Hill
- Beaux Arts
* Contact us to request a custom quote if your location is not listed.
A $325 deposit is required to reserve your appointment. The deposit will be applied to the total fee, which is due in full at the time of your appointment.
The deposit is refundable if you cancel your appointment by giving at least 24 hours advance notice. Failure to provide at least 24 hours notice will result in a $325 late cancellation fee.
Still not sure? Contact us to schedule a free 10 minute phone chat to see if we're a good fit.